An astounding 72 % of Millennials view search as their most trusted source of information! Furthermore, over 75% of New Zealanders search online before making a purchase. How many sales does Google send your way from SEO or Google Ads every day? Or does your website leak a fortune in lost sales to your competitors?
How should search influence your buyers?
Customers tend go through a fairly complex set of micro steps before deciding whether to make a purchase and what to purchase. At Clickthrough, we generally lump the customer buying process into three stages; the beginning, the middle, and the end.
Here’s a quick summary of how we use Search Engine Marketing (SEM) to directly influence prospects at each stage of the buying process:
- The beginning. During this stage, people are becoming aware they need something. Their browsing mode tends to be quite passive. We recommend using online advertising, such as the Google Display Network, to help prospects gain awareness of your product or service.
- The middle. During this stage, people start actively researching products and services, most often visiting websites, reading reviews, etc. Ranking well in the paid, local and organic search engine results pages is a must.
- The end. Search engine marketing tactics such as remarketing, where your ad ‘follows’ people that have visited your website and helps you reconnect with them by showing relevant ads across their different devices.
Is Google your top salesman?
As highlighted above, search engine marketing needs to play a critical role throughout the buying cycle. You will be amazed how your sales take off when you use search engine marketing properly. Have a think about these questions:
- Does your business understand the importance of search engine marketing?
- How much time and money does your business spend on Google Ads and SEO?
- How does this compare with the amount of time and money you spend on recruiting, hiring and training your salesmen?
For further advice on how we can make Google your top salesman, call one of our Search Engine Marketing specialists on 021 344 050, click here to contact us or learn more about search engine marketing at one of our popular SEO training courses.
How can businesses rank well in paid, local, and organic search engine results pages?
Businesses can rank well in paid, local, and organic search engine results pages by implementing effective search engine optimisation (SEO) strategies, creating relevant and high-quality content, optimising website structure and keywords, utilising local business directories, and running targeted paid advertising campaigns.
What are the three stages of the customer buying process?
The three stages of the customer buying process are the beginning stage (awareness of a need), the middle stage (active research and consideration), and the end stage (final decision-making and purchase).