Have you noticed fluctuations in your SEO rankings? Google is busy rolling out a large SEO update that is impacting New Zealand SEO rankings. Some sites, that follow SEO best practices, are benefiting from the update, whilst others are languishing.
Tweet from GoogleOn August 4th 2018, Google Search released a statement saying the roll out of the changes should be done by mid next week, in other words, around the 9th of August.
What to do after this Google update?
- check your organic rankings for a breadth of keywords that you target
- check your impression share in Google Search Console or another rank tracking tool, look for sudden drops or gains
- check your competitor rankings, see if they have lost or gained
- if your rankings were impacted, then take action, don’t expect your rankings to just bounce back
Which websites are typically impacted by a Google update?
- websites with low quality copy e.g. websites that duplicate or scrape copy from other websites
- websites that use illicit link building strategies (these websites get hit the most), click here to read more
- websites that provide a poor user experience and load slowly (test your website load speed here)
- websites that are not mobile friendly