There’s a lot of chatter doing the rounds in the New Zealand SEO industry about a major Google Algorithm update, being rolled out since Sunday June 25th, 2017. Google traditionally neither denies nor confirms it’s major updates, though industry chatter indicates a major update is brewing.
What to do after a Google update?
- check your organic rankings for a breadth of keywords that you target
- check your impression share in Google Search Console or another rank tracking tool, look for sudden drops or gains
- check your competitor rankings, see if they have lost or gained
- don’t panic; sometimes rankings fluctuate during an update then settle after a week or so
Which websites are typically impacted by a Google update?
- websites with low quality copy e.g. websites that duplicate or scrape copy from other websites
- websites that use illicit link building strategies (these websites get hit the most), click here to read more
- websites that provide a poor user experience and load slowly (test your website load speed here)
- websites that are not mobile friendly
For more information on our SEO recovery service or if you need us to assess the impact of a Google update, contact one of our Search Engine Optimization recovery specialists on 0508 254 258, click here to contact us online or learn more about best practice SEO factors for NZ websites at one of our popular SEO training courses.